Even though the instructions on the bacon package indicate that it can be broiled three inches away from the broiler for six minutes, NEVER take it upon yourself to add parchment paper to the mix:

Although it is acceptable to put parchment paper (which is not the same as wax paper, as we have already learned) in the oven, it is completely UNACCEPTABLE to put it that close to the broiler. It will catch fire.
Oh yes. I almost burned my house down tonight. I thank God that there was no damage, beyond the parchment paper, and my nerves, and the lingering smell of fire in the house. We can live with all of that.
Although it is acceptable to put parchment paper (which is not the same as wax paper, as we have already learned) in the oven, it is completely UNACCEPTABLE to put it that close to the broiler. It will catch fire.
Oh yes. I almost burned my house down tonight. I thank God that there was no damage, beyond the parchment paper, and my nerves, and the lingering smell of fire in the house. We can live with all of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment