Monday, June 23, 2008

Affirmation

I love how the Holy Spirit teaches me things, and how I can be confident that what He is teaching me is real, and not something I have imagined. Peter and I bought a MacArthur Study Bible (only the best study Bible ever! :), and in the front, he has an "Introduction to the Bible" section, and in this section, he says exactly what I was trying to say on my last post. He says it much more clearly and concisely, though...I'll just put what he wrote.

"Above all else, Scripture is God's self-revelation. He reveals Himself as the sovereign God of the universe who has chosen to make man and to make Himself known to man. In that self-revelation is established His standard of absolute holiness."

That is the exact summary of what I was trying to put into words the other day. Its so awesome to have been taught something like that by the Holy Spirit Himself, and then have it confirmed in that way. I am so excited to be taught by God Most-High.

On a more personal events type level, Olivia is having recurrent fevers and I'm a little concerned for her. We don't have insurance right now, and so I'm a little concerned for that, also. I am going to have to take her to the doctor, but its a matter of when and where and all that.

I have a cool thing to share about something that happened last night, but I don't feel like getting into all that right now, so I'll save it for another post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the comment on my blog and the prayers :) My family lives in Ocala/Daytona Beach! I am in TN though.