Wednesday, March 4, 2009

38 Weeks

Well, since its been six weeks since I've updated you guys on this pregnancy, I'm feeling like there's no way I'll catch you up...so I'll just start where I am. I had an appointment with the doctor today, at which I met the brand new midwife that is taking my old midwife's place. Hilary (the old midwife), delivered Olivia, and I saw her for every appointment through this pregnancy, until she moved to Jacksonville a month ago. I met the new midwife, Alice, today. She is very nice, and I think I will like her a lot. She did a check-up, and for those of you that are familiar with such things and want to know all the details, I am 60% effaced, and about 1cm dilated.

As for the nitty gritty stuff, I have been feeling a lot of pressure and soreness, and had a major nesting day earlier in the week. I managed to get the kitchen, living room and bathroom in order, and need to still work on the two bedrooms, but at least I got some stuff taken care of. The bills are all paid as much as they can be, and my hospital bag is packed. I still need to make sure the video camera is ready to roll, but really, that's about it.

I have been working this week, which I had not planned to do, and for the last two weeks, I have been going into the office to help cover, since our front office girl quit, and so this last three weeks has been much more hectic than I had wanted or planned. I had really hoped to be relaxing by now, getting ready for baby to come. I am trying to enjoy these last days with Olivia as an only child, and I am taking extra moments with her to hug her or just soak her in, or sit with her before bedtime. She's been sick, though, and I am praying that she'll get better soon, so that I don't have a nose to wipe along with all the diapers I'll be changing coming up here soon. If you care to, you can join me in that prayer.

I am also praying that my body will go into labor on its own, I don't want to be induced again.

In other news, for those of you that don't know, Peter got laid off from Commercial Metals a couple of weeks ago, but thanks be to God that he was already in the interview process with Chick-fil-a trying to get a second job, and when he went in, they offered him a full time position, and he accepted. I was pretty nervous about the insurance, but it turns out that part of his severance package with CMC was that they gave us a month of COBRA coverage, which will take us through the baby being born. God is good to us, and I am thankful.

So that's the update. Maybe the next one will have pictures of the new baby! I'll keep you posted, hopefully better than I have been!

No comments: