Saturday, August 1, 2009

Slim Down Saturday

I am down another 1/2 pound. This is good. Especially considering that I did not exercise at all this week. My plan is to go twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays, and Monday I couldn't go because Peter had to do something, and Thursday I plain forgot (which reminds me, I need to call Danielle and apologize!). We dug my bike out of the shed and I put air in the tires, so that's ready to go, and I think I can carve out at least 30 minutes another two days a week to make a total of four days that I exercise.

My goal for this week is to add in some muscle building exercises. I want to do walking lunges and something for my arms. I would love to do the plank, but my back is usually out of alignment, making that a challenging exercise. Any suggestions are welcome.

For the total tally, I have lost 7 pounds since I started, about 7 weeks ago. That's not great, considering this is pregnancy weight that should be able to come off faster, but its good, considering I didn't lose any weight since two weeks postpartum to when I started. Plus its a trend, downward, which is good.

Let's hear about your weight loss journey. Link up.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Good for you on losing any amount of weight! It is tough and I don't think a lot of people realize just how tough it is to get started and keep at it!

Alexis said...

You just showed up as a follower! Glad to have you on board! I'm trying to slim down myself, and having lots of luck thanks to nursing! Hope you meet all your goals!