Friday, July 18, 2008

Delight

Words are failing me, as I've erased this first sentence about three times now. Four if you count erasing the last part and telling the truth. But there is something I'm really wanting to write about, so I am going to go for it anyway.

I have a hard time with joy, delight, satisfaction. I am naturally bent toward depression, negativity, and unrest. So the fact that joy is basically a command in the Christian life is very difficult for me. I have an easier time pursuing righteousness and holiness, things that are of a more "serious" nature.

I am praying for help in this. I pray for God to pour His Spirit out on me and my family, and I ask him to increase my joy and teach me to delight in him and to be satisfied in him as in the richest of foods. I don't know how to get to that place. So I keep praying, content in the knowledge that He created me, and He can show me how to enjoy Him. I am looking forward to that day.

No comments: