Saturday, July 4, 2009

Slim Down Saturday

Welcome to the Independence Day edition of Slim Down Saturday. Happy 4th of July. And thanks to all the soldiers and their families, whose sacrifice is necessary to maintain our independence.

Now onto Slim Down Saturday...

This week, I lost another two pounds! Yay for two more pounds! That's a total of 4 pounds.

Today I learned the importance of only weighing once a week. I have been on and off the Wii Fit this week, and every time I do a Body Test, like they recommend. The only problem is that on Wednesday, the thing said I had lost another 3.5 pounds since Saturday, then when I got on it today, it said I had gained 1.5 pounds. If I had stopped there, that might have derailed me for the day or a couple of days. But, I decided to go back to the beginning and document my weight on each Saturday that I have weighed, which now is four Saturdays. The first Saturday was my official starting weight, and I put my Saturday weight on a calendar. The second Saturday was the one I weighed and didn't lose anything, then last Saturday I was two pounds down, and then today two more pounds. So that was a big lesson.

On Tuesday and Thursday this week I went on a bike ride with my friend Raegan. I think they were about 40 minute rides each. Not too shabby. I can't brag too much because I think I almost keeled over during and after both rides. Haha.

I ate fairly well and controlled, except yesterday, when I went to Chick-fil-a to get Peter's paycheck, I had some Chick-fil-a yummo breakfast. And a big tall lemonade. If you've never had their lemonade you really should give it a try. D-licious. That wouldn't have been so bad, but then I didn't feel like making dinner so we used a Burger King card that Peter got from his mom and got dinner from Burger King. Ick. I don't like Burger King, and that experience simply served to reinforce the reasons that I don't. The TenderCrisp sandwich was gross, and I kept tasting it for hours afterward, if you know what I mean, and it made me nauseous.

Maybe the worst part about yesterday is that I wanted to save today for my "cheat day" and I already did that yesterday. So if I do that twice in a row, then what? I don't think it will seriously get me off track, but still...do I really want to be setting that kind of trend?

This thing is about so much more to me than just weight loss. Its about God, and who Christ is in my life. Its about giving Him control of my appetites, and honoring Him in all things. Its very convicting to me when I read Philippians 3:18-20 - 18For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. 20But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, I realize that in a lot of ways, my stomach is a god to me. And not just my stomach, but my appetites in general. It bleeds over into so many other areas. I feel like I need to focus more on that, and not just on the food part. So important.

Now, as promised, I am going to add the MckLinky so that anyone who wants to join me in this journey can link up. I believe that doing things in groups helps us stay on track, and I'm excited to have some company.

2 comments:

Love Mom said...

Congrats on 2 more pounds being lost! Way to go! If I could jump in the air, do the side splits and wave some pom poms around I so totally would!

Cass said...

Hi. I sent you and email. It should be in your inbox. :-)