Monday, October 6, 2008

Finally...an Update...

I don't really have a good excuse for taking so long to post an update. The only thing I can really say is, I'm pregnant and I didn't really feel like doing one. So I will try to do better in the future, but if I don't, I just ask for your patience. I haven't really been feeling all that well. Right now, I am nauseated, and I have had a migraine since not this past Saturday but the one before it. I am trying to get in with the massage therapist now to deal with it. I haven't heard from her but hopefully she'll call soon. Its so strange, my neck has been out since basically July, and it is just becoming unbearable right now. Also, I am still more tired than I ever thought I'd be at sixteen, going on seventeen weeks. This is far worse than when I was pregnant with Olivia, and I am really hoping that lets up pretty soon. So that is my paragraph full of complaints. I guess that technically is the update on the pregnancy. Please pray for me. I know there are people that have it much worse than I do, and I can be grateful I am not in some of their situations.

Peter and I went to see the movie Fireproof, which I highly recommend. I truly want to support entertainment that is honoring to God, and this movie is that. Not only that, but it highlights marriage troubles and shows how the Gospel can be applied in a relevant manner. Please go see it. You won't regret it.

Olivia has entered a new phase that is alternately over the top fun, and over the top whiny. We are having loads of fun, and when we aren't, she is whining. Another thing I hope passes soon. If you are reading this, and you have been through this with your child, please offer me some encouragement that it will pass. That will help me get through it. In the meantime, here are some pictures to enjoy.






In the first two, she and daddy were playing. I love to see that. She is getting to be very attached to him and she just loves to play games and goof off with him. I think I can see some similarities in the goofy sides of their personalities because he surely has one, and she follows not too far behind. In some ways, I think it allows me to loosen up a little, which is something I'm not too good at, but I enjoy with them.

Her favorite song has to be Old MacDonald Had a Farm, and she can sing the E-I-E-I-O part and insert the animal sounds of ten or twelve animals. My favorite is the turkey, because she says "dobble dobble" and I just think its terribly cute. I will try to post a video here of her doing that, I'm sure I will be able to figure that out.

My MOPS group started a month ago, and it has been great so far. I have gone to one playgroup and I am looking forward to seeing how the year goes.

I am still holding crops for Creative Memories (scrapbooking, in case you are not familiar) although they are low key right now, basically just getting together at Fran's house and working on our projects, I don't provide food or do prizes like some consultants but I do enjoy getting together with my friends and my mom usually comes, and its just a neat time of being together and sharing the experience. I am really not all that creative but the wonderful thing about doing a scrapbook is its mine, and it doesn't have to be "as good" as anyone else's. The important thing is preserving the memories, and I enjoy doing that even if mine don't turn out as fancy as some others. I hope to be inspiration to someone like me who just really doesn't have the capacity for creating something worthy of being copied but will enjoy doing it just for the sake of the memory preservation.

This post has really meandered all over the place, and I believe I'll go ahead and end it now. Hopefully I will update it sooner next time, and will be feeling better by the time I do. Thanks for sticking with us. :)

2 comments:

Joy said...

Olivia is not a baby anymore!! She's getting so big, she looks like a little girl now!

4ChildrensMom said...

She looks so much like you when you were a baby!!