By pregnancy week 11 your baby is big enough to hold in the palm of your hand. Between 1.75 and 2.4 inches long your little bean weighs almost .3 of an ounce, and is probably about the size of a small plum.
By this point in time your little one should be able to open and close her fists, and is starting to form little buds that will one day pop out as teeth!
By pregnancy 11 weeks your baby's fingers and toes have lost their amphibious like resemblance, now separated instead of webbed. Your little one is taking advantage of the huge space she is floating in by pregnancy 11 weeks, by kicking and squirming about.
So I asked the doctor, and they are going to go by the ultrasound, which puts me at 11 weeks today. I guess they are pretty accurate, even to the day of conception. So, on Wednesdays, I will attempt to update with the info for this week.
I am feeling good right now, aside from the extreme fatigue. I remember being tired with Olivia but this just seems to be worse. Maybe because I am home and not working, but now I also have the advantage of being able to nap when Olivia naps in the morning. I never really get an afternoon nap in, but that's okay. Part of my problem is insomnia, which I have dealt with off and on my whole life, but seems to be really bad right now. Last night I couldn't fall asleep until 1am. And this morning I did NOT want to get up.
I have also not gained any weight yet, which by this time in my pregnancy with Olivia I had gained 5 pounds already. I am going to really focus on eating well and exercising this time, and hopefully will not have the weight gain I did last time.
Peter has talked to the baby a couple of times, and I really enjoy it when he does that. I know that its hard for him to feel connected with the pregnancy because it is out of sight right now, but its neat when he puts his hand on my belly and says, "Hi baby."
OH YEAH....I GOT TO HEAR THE HEARTBEAT!!! I was really hoping to be able to at my appointment the other day, and we did get to hear it. I was very excited. She found it right away, even though she had said she may not be able to because of how early it is.
Hope you aren't bored...this has been an info-heavy post, but I will try to be more interesting in the future. No promises, though! You'll just have to love me anyway.
1 comment:
yes, i do remember you :). congrats on your second! how are you feeling these days? having 2 is definitely a whole new adventure, but it sure does keep things interesting and fun! it's so amazing to see your 2 children interacting with each other. i'm savoring these days when they're best friends b/c i know it won't last! :)
Post a Comment